Calling all Mustard Seed Girls! December 14th is the date to mark on your calendars to begin ” The 12 Nights of Christmas,” taking time each night to bless your husband in some way. God gave us as women (and moms) lots of talents, but one that lacks far too often in my home is me seeking my husband out and blessing him. There is so much on my radar screen all the time, that unfortunately, he ends up unintentionally getting pushed to the backseat. This idea reserves 12 nights, where my thoughts and attention are on him. If this is a stretch for you, I encourage you to challenge yourself to do it anyway! It will take some creativity and initiation, however, these upcoming 12 nights will rejuvenate your marriage and put him back in his rightful place.
What would he love you to do for him? What would make him feel important and sought after? What would be a blessing to him?
Here are some ideas:
– A foot massage with a peppermint scented lotion (and perhaps even a pedicure)
– A list of all the reasons why you love him, read aloud to him
– A romantic evening of wine, cheese & crackers after the kids are in bed
– His favorite meal (home-cooked or ordered out) candle-light style
– A new something from Victoria’s Secret or your favorite intimate apparel store
– A body massage (with the use of massage oil)
– If you have a jacuzzi tub, a sudzy night
– A movie night, watching a movie of his choice (snuggled up to him)
– Initiate tonight! You should use this one a few times
– A surprise date-night. Get a sitter and plan a few hours away to grab a cup of coffee or have dinner out
If you’ve never read Love Dare or The Five Love Languages, these might be helpful resources as you plan your upcoming “12 Nights of Christmas.” Be daring and do something out of the ordinary to show him that he is top on your mind (and your list). Bless him 12 nights in a row and see where it leads!